Many of us have stairways in our home that make at least one turn. This presents a challenge when contemplating the purchase of a stair lift. The short version of this blog is a Curved Stair Lift is always the preferred choice when the stairway has one or more turns between floors. This is because you only have to transfer to and from the Curved Stair Lift once at the bottom and top. The alternative is to install more than one stair lift or install one stairlift on the longest set of stairs. The major consideration in choosing between the Curved Stair Lift and one or more straight stair lifts is as follows.
1. Does your stairway have flat landings? This facilitates safe transfer from one Straight Stair Lift to another.
2. Does the user of the stair lift have the ability to transfer from one Straight Stair Lift to another with relative ease?
3. Budget? Two straight stair lifts will cost approximately 40% - 60% less than a curved stair lift.
4. Is the stair lift user likely to have better or worse ambulatory skills in the future?
5. Frequency of use. Once a day or many time per day.
The decision is a combination of personal and practical considerations. Always seek a Stair Lift Dealer that offers both Straight and Curved Stair Lifts and is providing the information you need to make an informed decision.
Best Regards, Ed
Call Anytime 7 Days a Week
Main Office & Warehouse
8039-A Penn Randall Place
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
We do not share or sell your information to anybody, for any reason. We use the information you provide including email, phone number & address, to respond to your requests & we may send you updates, sales announcements, helpful tips and newsletters occationally.